Awhile back, a baby rig was requested, so I created the buRig.blend. The only problem was, the pose player didn’t work for babies! I had forgotten about it until today when I was asked again if there was any progress made on being able to make poses for babies, so I gave it a try, and it seems to work 🙂
I modified cmomoney’s pose player to allow babies to use it and created a test pose to try it. Above is a picture of a test pose in-game and in blender.
The link below is a zip file with the test poses that I made, a2b_soc.blend(a rig setup with an adult and a baby), and the modified version of cmomoney’s poseplayer for anyone interested in testing.
The test pose names in b_test.package are:
If you want to test your own poses, you can use buRig.blend or a2b_soc.blend. Testing EA poses with the pose player don’t always work very well since the baby is usually being held by a sim, which means they are rotated in a way that won’t look right if you get the baby to use the pose player from the floor.
When testing, remember
- Use the latest version of blender
- Use the latest plugins and rig files
- a2b_soc.blend needs to be in the multi-rigs folder in your rig folder(just like all the other multi-sim rigs)
- You will need to replace the cmomoney_PosePlayer.package in your mods folder with the one in the zip file to allow babies to use the pose player. You can backup the original just in case.
- Don’t laugh too hard at the test pose I made. I’m not an animator, I’m a coder 😉
If all goes well, I will talk with cmomoney about incorporating this pose player change into the official download when he returns.